The Department of Finance is responsible for the administration of the fiscal affairs of the City and represents the consolidation of many functions of City Government into one centralized unit. This department performs all Accounting, Purchasing, Cashiering, Treasury Management, Banking, Debt Administration, Payroll, Billing, Collections, Business Licensing, Warehouse Operations, and prepares the City's annual budget and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The Director of Finance also acts as Treasurer of the Cal State L.A. Metrolink Station Authority, which is a joint power authority between the cities of Alhambra, Los Angeles, Monterey Park, County of Los Angeles, and California State University, Los Angeles.
- Business, Bus, and Parking Processing – handles processing of business licenses, bus passes and
tokens, parking citations and annual parking permits.
- Annual Budget – develops an annual budget, working with the city manager and
department heads and approval of the City Council.
- Fiscal Reporting – prepares required reports, such as State Controllers
Report & Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Investment Portfolio – oversees the City's investment portfolio.
- Animal Control Traps – lends free animal control traps to residents (with a deposit).
- Cal State LA Metro Link Station Authority – the Finance Director serves as Treasurer/Controller of the Cal State
LA Metro Link Station Authority (joint-powers authority between Alhambra, Los
Angeles, Monterey Park, L.A. County, and California State University, Los