Pay to Stay Jail Inmate Program
The Alhambra Police Department possesses a Pay to Stay program which provides the opportunity for qualified individuals to serve their jail sentences in our well maintained city jail as an alternative to serving in the Los Angeles County jail system.
- AM I ELIGIBLE TO SERVE MY SENTENCE IN THE ALHAMBRA CITY JAIL? Our program accepts most misdemeanor and some felony criminal convictions. Persons who have committed violent crimes, crimes against peace officers, sex crimes, or certain narcotic related crimes may not meet eligibility for our program. For assistance with specific crimes, please contact the Alhambra City Jail Supervisor at (626) 570-5145.
- HOW MANY DAYS CAN I SERVE IN THE ALHAMBRA CITY JAIL? You may serve your full sentence in our jail, but only (4) consecutive days in a row.
- WHAT PERSONAL ITEMS CAN I BRING? You may bring a change of underclothing for each day, softback book, magazines (non-pornographic), newspapers, shower shoes, prescription glasses or contact lenses and solution. If you are staying longer than two days consecutively, you may bring a change of clothes. No electronic devices are allowed, (i.e. cell phones, computers, radios, etc.). Also, no outside food, candy, gum, or tobacco products are allowed.
- MAY I BRING MEDICATION? No. The Alhambra City Jail cannot accommodate persons who require medications. Therefore, persons requiring medications will not be eligible to participate in our program.
- WILL I HAVE TO SHARE A CELL WITH OTHER INMATES? Pay to Stay inmates are housed separate from pre-sentenced inmates. However, you may be housed with other Pay to Stay inmates.
- WILL I BE ALLOWED VISITORS? In our efforts to promote family ties and strengthen community relations between inmates and their family and friends, the Alhambra City Jail has established inmate visiting hours between 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., seven days a week.
- WHAT IS THE COST? Each day costs $100.00. There is also a $100.00 non-refundable application fee.
- HOW TO APPLY:
First, ask the court to allow you to serve your sentence in a city jail facility at sentence hearing.
Next, ask for a Court Commitment Order that:
• States your name
• Identifies the plea charge
• States the length of the sentence to be served and defines any “time served” credit that you may have.
• Specifies any increments of custody at the direction of the court (consecutive days or intervals between days).
• Includes that your time may be served in a city jail facility.
Lastly, contact the Alhambra City Jail Supervisor at 626-570-5145 and request a Pay to Stay application or download the application here. Upon completion of the application, return it to the Alhambra Police Department with your $100.00 non-refundable application fee and a copy of your court commitment paperwork.
- Jail Facility
- Looking into a Cell
- Bathroom Area
- TV & Phone