CITY CLERK'S OFFICE
The City Clerk's office is often the main link between the City and community - a resource for all official municipal and departmental records (excluding police), such as contracts, ordinances, resolutions, deeds and bonds originating in the City of Alhambra.
- Maintains all official municipal and departmental records (excluding police) originating in the City of Alhambra. To obtain copies of records, complete a Public Information Request Form at the City Clerk's office. (Obtain birth, marriage and death certificates and property title documents through the County of Los Angeles Registrar-Recorders Office.)
- Prepares Agendas, Minutes and Notices, and supporting documentation in compliance with the Brown Act for meetings of the City Council, Board of Appeals, Alhambra Parking Authority, Industrial Development Authority, Alhambra Capital Improvements Corporation, and Alhambra Public Financing Authority.
- Retains minutes of various boards and commissions.
- Posts vacancy notices.
- Performs daily administration of the City Attorney's Office.
- Oversees elections (assists with voter registration, provides nomination papers to prospective candidates,and administers the Oaths of Office and State campaign recording laws).
- Prepares and/or coordinates official City ceremonies as directed by the Mayor.